Tuesday

The Craft Room Craftanoon

Good morning and another short week begins. I hope you have had a really nice Bank Holiday weekend.   Did you experience bad weather yesterday?  At one stage in the afternoon I thought the conservatory roof would cave in with all that rain.  My poor drains were working so hard.  It was a really good test for the new patio though and wow.  The rain water was so high at one stage during the storm that everywhere was flooded.  Then when the rain stopped, within seconds, there were no puddles at all, the water had gone into the new drains.  I am well impressed with the work that the gardeners have done and would have no hesitation in recommending them.  I just want the good weather to come now so that I can sit outside and enjoy the garden and the sun.  Photos to follow tomorrow.

Today I must share some of the lovely photos from the Thank You Tea (craftanoon) on Sunday.




All the ladies were asked to make a cone shape out of pretty paper.  Well the look of horror on faces when they were told to crease said paper and then to stick it like a cone for chips.  When I then asked them to put them on their heads as hats, the laughter was amazing.
 
But the look of pleasure on everyones face when I walked back into the room holding these made me want to cry.
 
Everyone took a bunch of flowers as they left, wrapped in the pretty cone shaped paper they had just rolled up.  I wonder how many went home, took the tape off and are now waiting to use it for a card.  I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends and was so sorry that not everyone could make it.   We shall be holding another craftanoon in September and I cant wait.

We started our craftanoon off with a 'Goodbye Lovely as a Tree' card.  I am still in shock that this is no longer available to purchase from Stampin' Up!  I have 2 sets of stamps,  one in wood which was the very first stamp set I ever purchased from SU and one other.  I am hanging on to both.....just in case.

This was the first of 3 cards made during the afternoon and cards by Lavinia Sinclaire and Dawn Byecraft were the inspiration for this one. 

We used Early Espresso ink to stamp the tree first.  The tree was then stamped onto some acetate which was used as a stamp (turned over and put in place, rubbed and viola).
The moon shape was masked off (circle punch and post it note) and using blending tools we used Balmy Blue ink for the sky and Old Olive/ Pear Pizzaz for the ground. (no one forgot to add the mask and to colour in the reflection) phew.
The mask was removed and a light dusting of blue went over the moon so that it wasnt so stark.
With a damp paint brush the Early Espresso ink was pulled from the tree trunk and it was coloured in and grounded (coloured in at the bottom of the tree so that it didnt look like it was floating in mid air).
Then using various green inks and a damp paintbrush, the leaves were created adding a little touch of colour, yellow or red, at the end.
A little matting and layering, some brads added and then a sentiment on dimensionals.
If you would like to have a go at making this card I would be very happy to show you how, at a mutually conveninent time.

Well after a busy Sunday I had bit of a day off yesterday but thank you to Julie for helping out with the craft room.  She came and helped me put it all back to normal ready for today.  Do you fancy a cuppa, cake and a bit of a crafty chat? I thought that anyone who couldnt make it on Sunday would like to come and have a look at all the new and wonderful things in the new catalogue and of course, take one home too.   I have a few cards to make so I will spend the day in the craft room but if you would like to join me, it would be lovely to see you.  If you are reading this but dont know where The Craft Room, Derby is, please email me and I will give you directions.

I had better go and get in the shower and have my breakfast and start my day.  Thank you for having a read and I hope you have a lovely day.  Tracey x

No comments: