Card Inspiration

Monday

DAY - TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY EIGHT - A variety of Stampin' Up! Kit cards

 

Another start to another week and fingers crossed this week is going to be a little cooler than it has been.  I don’t mind warm weather but I do struggle when it gets too hot, as I’m sure most of us do.

The houses seem to hold on to the heat too, so when I get up in the morning there can be as much as a 10° difference between inside the house and outside.  It means opening all the windows and doors first thing, letting the fresh air in and hopefully getting the house feeling a little cooler and fresher.

I’m up and out bright and early this morning for a coffee with a friend, and we’re going to try a new garden centre that I don’t think I’ve ever been to before. I’m looking forward to a little catch-up and a wander around before heading home for a few chores and then, of course, some more time in the craft room.

A quick update on Mum, for those who may not know, Mum has Alzheimer’s as well as vascular dementia and she is sleeping more and more these days. Yesterday she didn’t really want to talk at all. I sometimes wonder whether she realises that what she is saying doesn’t always make sense and that she is getting confused, so perhaps she chooses not to speak.  Dad said that yesterday he had been out of the room for just a few minutes and came back to find Mum sitting on the sofa. As Mum can’t walk, he was surprised to see that she had somehow moved from where she normally sits to the sofa. It is lovely in a way to see her doing something we didn’t think she could, but it also worries us as we are so afraid she will fall again.

On a happier note, I’ve spent much of the weekend going through boxes of cards that were never quite finished. The job is well underway, although it’s definitely going to be an ongoing project for this week too.  I’ve actually had great fun putting them all together. Some of them must have been sitting in boxes for several years, just waiting for that final little bit of attention. Lots are now completely finished, packaged up and ready to be used and I’m also creating lots of much needed space in my cupboards, which is always a good thing.

Here are a few of the kit cards that I started some time ago and have now finally finished. It feels rather good seeing those boxes getting smaller

 




 

 
 
I wonder if you have made any of these kits up or if you are waiting to get creative with them?

Thank you for taking the time to have a little read today. I hope you enjoyed a little glimpse into my world.  Have a wonderful start to your week.  Tracey x

 

No comments: