Today, after a good night’s sleep, I’m hoping to manage a few more pain-free steps as the day goes on. Patience has never been my greatest virtue, but I’m learning that sometimes you simply have to take things one little step at a time. We’ll get there in the end, won’t we?
We had an awful lot of thunder yesterday, along with just one really big shower of rain, which included hail. The forecast is for another day of thundery showers, which I don’t mind at all. In fact, I quite enjoy watching the storms roll through. Not sure if it rained last night but everywhere is very dry again this morning.
This is how the garden is looking at the moment. A bit of trickery as it does look like snow when you turn the corner and take a glance.
Hubby has put some grass seed down and protected it with this fleece. Unfortunately, the little baby foxes that are living next door have decided that the fleece makes a rather good toy and a few holes have appeared. The grass seed was put down as the foxes are using our grass as a toilet as well as the little ones began digging it up. We’re hoping to take the fleece off next week, once the grass has had a little more time to establish itself, and fingers crossed it will continue to grow.
I had another painting lesson last night. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not very good at this yet, but I’m determined to keep practising until I’m happy with my design for a Christmas card. Our tutor is amazing and there are seven of us who get together to try and learn some new skills. The trick, of course, is to practise in between our get-togethers, something I don’t do nearly often enough. I’ve decided that I’m going to make more of an effort though, and hopefully I’ll see some improvement.
This week in between doing very little, I’ve been having a few Nanny naps, enjoying a little potter around and doing a bit of sitting-down sorting. I’m learning that this is probably exactly what I need to be doing at the moment. So many photos, paperwork etc. that need to be sorted so at least I can get on with this.
Here are a couple of cards that I made
I have used a variety of stamp sets and colours on a 12" x 12" piece of card and when I was happy with stamping all over it, I cut it up to create card fronts. This is called one sheet stamping wonder and is one of my most loved techniques. These two are my favourite and I shall keep them to one side to remind me of how they were created. It is time I organised another one of these One Sheet Stamping Wonder Days. I believe I can add a date in November.
I’ve also been sorting through my "ready to use cards" and honestly, I cannot believe just how many I have. I certainly don’t need to make any more cards for a very long time. I am also donating quite a few to a lovely cause and shall be passing those on tomorrow night at Derby Dabblers.
If you’ve been thinking about coming along and joining us here are the details.
I’m quite looking forward to it and, of course, catching up with everybody who’s there. It will be lovely to see everyone again.
Right, I had best get breakfast started as my "to do" list is ready and I want to tick off a few things as the day unfolds. Thank you so much for having a read. Tracey x
STAMPIN' UP PROMOTIONS
Stampin' Up! currently have a sale with 15% off selected Designer Series Papers and card stock, for the whole month and whilst supplies last.
PRODUCT OF THE MONTH
I'm delighted to introduce the Stampin' Up! August Product of the Month.
Throughout August, when you place a Stampin' Up! order of £70 or more (before postage), you'll have the opportunity to purchase this month's featured product for just £5. The Product of the Month is exclusively available with a qualifying order and is limited to one per person. As with all Stampin' Up! promotions, it is available whilst supplies last, so once it's gone, it's gone!
If you're planning to place an order during August, this is a great opportunity to add an extra product to your collection at a fantastic price.
This is the May - August 2026 Catalogue that you can click on and have a browse but better still, why not pop into the Craft Room, Derby and grab a copy of your own. This catalogue will no longer be available after 31st August as it will be replaced with a new one.
The Last Chance List has lots of beautifully colour co-ordinated favourites, all with that signature Stampin' Up! quality we know and love, but only whilst stock lasts. If you click on the image below, a new page will open up and you can have a browse in this section.
Please do get in touch if you have any queries or if I can help in any way.
Paper Pumpkin is now available in the UK, I did write a whole post on all I know about this and we can subscribe in the UK. Subcriptions are now for the September kit. To find out a little more, click on the image below and a new window will open. But please, do get in touch if I can help in anyway, I am always happy to help.
If you would like to receive my newsletter and be added to my email list of friends do let me know. I would hate you to miss out on all our get togethers and socials. Always lots of new friends waiting to be met.
If you would like to get in touch with me, here is where I can be found.









.jpg)




No comments:
Post a Comment