We had a bit more bad news with the kitchen. Not only do the floor boards have woodworm but so do the joists, yikes. Rob, my brother in law is Rentokil in the area so he popped over to have a look for me. We have the common wood furniture woodworm and he explained how it all works, yaks....I will not go into detail. Unfortunately we have to have new joists and this will add more time on to the building works so the chappies are going to come in on Saturday to catch up.
I spent time in and out of the craft room doing a bit of this and a bit of that but the day went by really quickly. Christiana had a pj day, again. She isnt feeling the best but she doesnt know why. Hopefully a bit of fresh air later will help. We are off to the TB clinic today to see what they say about my dormant TB which I have been told is called Latent TB.
As mentioned earlier in the week, we had an embossing day and these are the folders that we embossed with, stamped with and coloured. Some lovely backgrounds were created.
Here you can see the difference between the embossed and debossed side being coloured in with the sponge roller.
Some embossing folders that we didnt colour, just showing the correct way of putting them in a big shot, with the SU logo showing and the hinged end first.
Again as well as the plain embossed folder, using the sponger brayer you can create a lovely background either inking the embossed or debossed side.
This shows how to stamp another image onto the embossing folders before running them through the big shot and the effect that you can have.
I had best do a bit of pottering while I can. Thanks for having a read and have a wonderful weekend. Tracey x