Thursday

July 26 - All about Derby Dabblers

I started to dabble in card making about 2 years ago, or is it 3. Thats the problem when you get to my age, things are a bit blurred. After being on a well known forum I plucked up the courage to start a once a month meeting. The first one was held at my house and 4 total strangers came to the house (hubby stayed in his shed). We all got on really well and a week later I foud a community centre that would let us use a small room once a month. I began e-mailing the 4 people to tell them what would happen and the e-mail list grew and grew. I now have 40 people on the list and we all meet twice a month. Oh, if anyone in the Derby area reads this, let me know.

There are about 8 - 10 of us that attending the social nights (meetings) and we all learn different techniques. Am sure we will run out of ideas soon though.

It is a good night out, cheap at £3.50 and as well as learning something we have a laugh. There are no stand up demos or anything like that, we just help each other out and natter away.

So that is how Derby Dabblers came to be

No comments: