Saturday

DAY TWO HUNDRED AND NINE - Painted Lavender swap cards

Good morning, it is a catch up day for me today.  The to do list is at the ready and fingers crossed I can get everything done by the end of the day and if not, there is always tomorrow.

The last few days have been rather busy but very enjoyable.  Earlier in the week I made some cards to take with me to Lincoln to a Stampin' Up! UK & Ireland Demonstrator event. The first event I have been to for a very long time.   There were over 60 folk going so quite a few cards were made.

I put on my big girl pants and drove to Lincoln (two hours away from me) on my own.  This was a major milestone as I hadnt driven anywhere on my own except for local places, since covid and it was so daunting but I am so proud of myself as I did it.  

I booked into a hotel, met a lady called Anne and then we both went and met another few ladies for a bite to eat in Lincoln on Friday night.   The food was wonderful, when it arrived but the service was a bit of a nightmare. Early Friday morning saw me driving to meet another 60+ ladies  (who were total strangers) in a room filled with crafting buzz, chatter, laughter and such a wonderful atmosphere.  Oh how I have missed meeting up with fellow demonstrators and I cant wait to do it again.

On the day I learnt quite a few tips (which I shall share), made a few cards and was inspired by so many. If any of the lovely ladies do happen to read this blog post, hello and a big thank you.  I dont think we realise/appreciate the impact we have on others.

One of the cards I made to swap was this.

I used an A4 sheet of thick basic white card, cut down to A5 in size (A4 cut in half) and scored it in half again to create a base card. I do tend to use the thick basic white card for card bases as it feels substantial, stands up alone and so wonderful to work with.

With a basic white piece of card (Stampin' Up! do sell two different thicknesses of the basic white card) measuring 9 x 13 cm I used the Deckled Edge Circle dies to cut out a circle towards the top of the card, and created a panel.  

Placing this panel piece on top of the card base, I put 4 very faint pencil lines inside the circle so that it would should me where abouts the image would be seen.

Using the grass stamp (well I think it is grass) from the Painted Lavender stamp set and old olive ink, I stamped grass along the bottom edge of my circle lines.  Inking up the flowers stamp in Fresh Freesia Ink and Gorgeous Grape ink I randomly added some of the taller flowers, slightly overlapping the colours.

Once the ink was dry, using a small blending brush I went over the grass area with old olive ink and I went over the flowers using Pool Party in  on the small blending brush to create a background.  

I stamped the panel with the sentiment 'enjoy your day' from Thoughtful Expressions stamp set,  using first/second generation Gorgeous Grape ink and put dimensionals (3d foam pads) onto the back of it. This makes the panel piece stand out from the card base, creating a window to see the stamped image.

Adding a Brushed Brass Butterfly finished the card.  I could have added glitter/wink of stella but decided against it.  

I received lots of lovely comments from people I swapped with so I think it was worth doing.  I have added a full list of products that I used below but if you have any queries please, do get in touch.

Thank you so much for having a read today, Tracey x

 

Dont forget, if your order is for £45 or more you will get a voucher worth £4.50 off in August due to the Bonus Days promotion.  Any queries, please do get in touch.


 
 

If you would like to place an order online, you can click on the image below and a new window will open up and you can have a browse through the shop.  Obviously, if you would like any help please, do get in touch with me.  My contact details are at the end of the post.

 


If you would like to get in touch with me, here is where I can be found.  

I would love to hear from you.

Product List

No comments: