Sunday

Thank you in February

Good morning.  After a rather strange day yesterday I am hoping that I can get to spend some time in the craft room today to get a few more cards finished for all the folk who have birthdays in March.

Yesterday hubby got up with terrible ear ache as well as pain in in glands, neck and throat.  His teeth were also very sensative.  It was so bad that he decided to go to our local Emergency Walk In Clinic.  He didnt have to wait too long to be seen by a doctor but they couldnt find anything wrong with him so they presume it is a dentist that he needs to see.  Unfortunately we dont have any emergency dentists locally so he has to wait until Monday when he can try to see his own dentist.  He had a very rough day until he agreed to take some ibupropen in between his paracetamol.  After that the pain went and he managed to eat a meal and get some sleep.  Fingers crossed that he wont suffer too much today.

I havent shared with you the cards that were made to say Thank You for this month.


I have lots and lots of notelet envelopes but not the actual cards to go inside them so I decided to make notelets.  

I first used the outline stamp from the Color and Contour set directly on to the notelet using Stazon black ink and added a few leaves around the card.  I inked up the  flowers using Melon Mambo ink and stamped these onto the black outlines, matching them up as best I could, some were good and some were not but I was very pleased with the overall look.  The yellow dots of the flower centers were coloured in using crushed curry ink but what I did was dab the smallest acrylic block into the ink pad and use an aqua painter to pick that ink up to colour in the centers.  The green leaves are different green colours but I did them in the same way, dabbing an acrylic block into the ink pad and taking the ink off with a water painter.  The green colours were Just Jade, Old Olive and some Granny Apple Green.

Of course I stamped out some of the flowers on small pieces of scrap Basic White card that I keep in a folder.  These were then fussy cut out.  Once I had stamped out the sentiment piece and stuck it on to the card with 3D foam pads (dimensionals)  I popped a flower on top.  The sentiment panel is from the Color and Contour dies which has a great selection of panels.

I hope you liked the cards and below is a list of supplies I used to make these.  If you click on one of the images, it will take you straight to the shop to find out a little more information about the products and if you would like to purchase anything, you can do so once in the shop.

Thank you for having a read.  Tracey x


 


Product List

No comments: