Sunday

Lovely as a Tree has been inked

Good afternoon, just back from a drive out to Birmingham in the car.  It did really well and I am so pleased with my choice.  I got a Suzuki Ignis which is a really 'fun' car.  Not too big and not small either and I just love driving it.  So easy to get in and out of, automatic and it has four doors so lots of space.  

We went off to the craft show at the National Motorcycle Museum followed by lunch at a lovely place called Heart of the Country.  It is so good to get out now and then and I feel as though I have had a bit of a holiday.

Yesterday I was so poorly with side effects from the Cororonavirus Vaccine that I had the previous day.  The symptoms started in the night, I was shivering for well over an hour, in bed, freezing cold.  When I finally got to sleep and warm I woke up with a headache, pains in all my joints and an achy feeling from top to toe.  I just wrote the day off and pottered and rested.  Thankfully waking up this morning I was right as rain and ready to go.

The craft show was the busiest that I have ever seen it in all my years of going.  You just couldnt walk in the aisles and it made it very uncomfortable.  I managed to grab a couple of things that I had been after but not the envelopes for the wedding so I shall purchase them from elsewhere.  Good job we still have a few weeks left.

Here is a card making technique that I can not recall having tried in the past.  Using Lovely as a Tree, oh yes it is retired but I still use it.  Do you have this stamp set and when was the last time you used it?  

 


Using Early Espresso ink I stamped the tops of the trees from Lovely as a Tree in one corner of the Crumb Cake panel.    I then masked off a little circle on the panel.  I inked up a Whisper White ink pad with the Whisper White ink refill and with a sponge, I sponged the background on this Crumb Cake card.  When I was happy with the results, I stuck it flat onto another piece of Crumb Cake card which left a small border around it.  That is another card off in the FOR SALE box.  If you are reading this and need a card or two, please do let me know.  I have a few.

Well it is feet up now.  Watching the last of His Dark Materials and an evening chilling.  Thank you for having a read and hope you have a great weekend.  Tracey x


No comments: