Monday

DAY SEVENTY EIGHT - Cards for the Cafe

Good morning,  we have the sunshine this morning but it is a tad cold out there brrrr.  I do hope to have a day of doing allsorts, a bit of gardening, a few chores, a bit of a wander and some time in the Craft Room.

Day 12 of this liver shinking diet and I think I have cracked it.  As long as I plan ahead, know exactly what I am having for my meals and snacks, I can do this.  Quite shocked that I really can drink more than 2 litres a day and very surprised that I am not feeling hungry at all.  The headaches have gone however the fatigue around 7pm is surprising.  Just 3 more days to go and then it will be operation time.  Obviously I really am very anxious and nervous but at my age, its no surprise.  It means that I can get myself recovered, have lots of time doing not a lot and then get ready to go and welcome our first grandson.

We had our 'Cards for the Cafe' day yesterday and it was wonderful.  It was hosted by Tricia & Sheila who are Friends of the Sinfin Nature Reserve and 14 of us got together the make cards for the cafe to sell.  Here are a few photos.

 
 
By the end of the day, all the cards that had been made and all the cards that had been donated came to 249.  An amazing number and personally, I dont think that is the final number.  I know of a few more folk that couldnt make it to the event but have made some cards at home, ready to donate.  It is so wonderful to see what we can all do when we come together and it was such fun.  Hoping this may become an annual event.  
 
I had best go and start my day.  Thank you so much for having a read and I hope you have a super start to your week.  Tracey x
 
 
 
 

No comments: