Sunday

Lots and lots of pictures

A big thank to everyone for all the fantastic birthday cards and gifts that I have received this weekend. I promise that during the week I shall photograph all the cards and put them on my blog to share as they are all wonderful....and wow, what a weekend.
It started early, Thursday night, with a 40th birthday party of an old friend of Paul's. He saw people that he hadnt seen for nearly 20 years. Friday MY BIG DAY was lovely. I received so many gifts and cards that I was really overwhelmed. The evening was spent at my sisters 25th Wedding Anniversary Party amongst lots of family and friends. Saturday I had a lovely morning with Kelly and other SU demonstrators and again, it was a truly memorable experience. We made 3 projects, all stunning. THANK YOU KELLY.

It was then time for lunch, more coffee, cake and a bit of shopping with friends. I was given a present and told to watch my eyes as I opened it. Well, here I am opening it up


very timidly as I was really frightened of what it could be


mm
off it went, up in the air
it is a portable light studio so that I can take decent photos of my cards. Thank you Paula and Alyson. The whole thing just burst into life and shot straight up into the air and I think we caused quite a stir in the cafe....oppps.
Today it really was a day of rest....I have spent most of it in my craft room giving it a clean and a sort out...not finished it but made a great start.

Here are a few pictures of the big party Friday night and the book/card I made for my sis

One of the cakes (there were over 150 people at the party)


This is Diane (sister) Lois (diet lady) and Carla



The happy couple

box lid


and sidesfront cover of book
opened out
a view looking down on it, so that you get a better idea of how it looks

page 1
page 2

page 3 and 4

page three
last page
Well its another start to the week tomorrow.....apart from sticking to my diet I think that each evening will be insert night. Just got to get all those cards finished off.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the internet connection lasts long enough for this BIG POST to get posted.

Thank you for having a mamouth read today and I look forward to reading your comments.

Tracey

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Good morning Tracey, no doubt you are off to work for a rest this morning LOL. It looks like a good time was had by all and the projects are beautiful :o)
Jackie xx

Helen said...

Glad you had a good birthday!