Monday

A little bit of masking



Good morning and we have a great start to a new week with the weather.  The forecast says it is going to be 18 degrees today with sun and some clouds.  That is lovely as far as I am concerned, just warm enough.

Yesterday we managed to get the majority of the wallpapering done.  We have just one beam remaining which we shall tackle first thing.  It has been well worth it as the room looks lovely, clean and fresh.  Next it will be to add some paint to the walls but we may take an afternoon off and start it tomorrow.  The electrician is due later to make the holes in the ceiling (that we just painted- the royal we that is) and bring down the wires to attach to the lights.


I have used an older retired stamp set to make some cards using a masking technique.  We did this on a zoom get together so that people could have a try out at this technique and what great results we got. By masking off the middle flower, I added two other flowers either side and then the leaves.
This can be done with almost any stamp.  Of course I had to make the matching envelope liner to finish the set off.
UPDATED - The stamp set I used, is not at older retired one, oppps.  It is a current one and one I can really recommend. It is called Healing Hugs and has the most wonderful, distinktive flowers on the stamp out perfectly.

This week we shall be making a no layer card on our Zoom get together.  Wednesday at 2pm and Saturday at 3pm.  A little bit of sponging/dusting to create a shaped background through a template which we shall make ourselves, a little light stamping and some darker coloured stamped images.  If you would like to join us, here is a list of what you will need.
  • a shaped template, to colour and stamp through.  You can get this by die cutting one of your larger dies in the middle of a piece of card or paper.
  • a script stamp of some description or something with a small delicate pattern. 
  • a stamp.
  • a card base.
  • a light coloured ink pad and sponge, dauber or duster brush for creating the background.
  • a darker coloured ink pad to add some kind of script writing on top of the lightly coloured background.
  • an even darker coloured ink pad to add another stamp on top of the background and script.
I shall be using Very Versailles stamp set and using the script stamp as well as the falling leaf stamp.
I havent made a sample yet as there has just not been enough time.  Fingers crossed I can get a sample organised later today.

Stampin' Up! still have the great Bonus Days promotion in place until 3rd August.

If you need any help with this offer, please do get in touch.  If you dont already have a catalogue, please let me know as I shall get one out to you as soon as I can.  I shall be nipping to the post office this morning to post one to a lovely lady in Dundee and Paul is off to Borrowash to drop a catalogue off too. 



Well I had best get myself ready for the day as we have quite a bit planned.

I hope you have a magical Monday and thank you so much for having a read today.  Tracey x





No comments: