Monday

Mondays garden update and Christmas cards

 

A new start to a new week.  Can you believe it is the last week of February? 

Yesterday I managed to spend a few hours outside in the garden and have tided up the area around the craft room and kitchen/conservatory door.  We have quite a bit of outside area so getting it ready for the spring I think is going to be wonderful.  I am not a gardener, Paul, my hubby is. I feel so guilty giving instructions each year, move this, do that, cut the other etc. etc. that I decided it is time that I did things myself.   So I started off with the sweet peas and collected the last of the seeds.

 

Then I moved to the moss rose, cleared them all out, gathered the seeds and left a few shooting plants in the boxes. 

 

The first hydrangea got a trim too.  We found this in poorly corner last year and it looks like it is waking up.


There are a few stray pots so they were cleaned and moved to the side wall of the craft room, by the gate where you come into the garden.  I hope it isnt too long before we have some colour in them.

 

I have this bit of garden outside the craft room.  I see that a small white plant is blooming (no idea what it is called), as well as a couple of winter pansies? which seem to be alive and up against the wall are wall flowers that we put in last year from seed. These have all been staked up.   Lots of dead plants have gone, cut down and discarded.  I also took out a lot of weeds (I do hope they were weeds).


Then there is my camellia tree/bush.  I took a close up shot of this as it has 100s of buds on it.  I am just keeping my fingers crossed that they will flower and not drop off due to the frost.


So a good few hours was spent outside, just what is needed for a Sunday in good weather.  Today I start on a few more pots, there are plenty of them.  Just a little bit at a time, in between the rain showers.

Friday night was our Christmas card and chatter night and how lovely it was to meet up over Zoom.  I do believe that it wont be too long before we can meet up in person and I am so excited by it. 


I managed to get 6 cards prepared, all the same as this one here.  A very different type of card for me but I am so pleased that I am getting the time to try different things.  It is a retired stamp set on crumb cake card.  I used the new blending brushes and soft suede ink to edge everything.  All matted on gold card and soft suede base card.  I tried the new adhesive for the wording.  You stick the double sided tape onto your card, run it all through the die cutting machine and then peel off the back to stick down.  Oh it was so easy and I cant believe I havent been using this before now.  As I said, I am liking trying out new things.

Only 7 days left to grab a Sale a Bration offer.  Only 7 days left to join Stampin' Up! at an amazing price, getting 200 FREE designer series double sided papers, FREE delivery and loads of support.  I am happy to help you with either of these offers if you dont already have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator you can talk to.  All the details of where you can find me are below.

I am off for my first walk shortly, trying to see if I can walk twice a day now instead of once.  I am certainly feeling the benefits of the fresh air.  Thank you for having a read.  Tracey x








No comments: