Monday

Birthday girl and my scan and cut makes

Good morning.  I overslept this morning oppps.  Never mind, I guess when you are retired it doesnt really matter but I did want to be up early.  We are off out to a shop this morning, trying to source bits for wedding invitations.  This afternoon I will pop to see mum who isnt the best at the minute.  After not being able to see her for a couple of weeks as hubby had Covid, I hope to see a little more of her and to help if and when I can.

I am struggling to believe that our Granddaughter was 18 years old yesterday, doesnt the time fly by. 

This is the card that was made for her birthday


The sentiment was created on the computer.  Once that was done the card was all cut down to size, including the layers.  The rabbit was stamped in a position where the balloon wouldnt hide any of the sentiment and this was stamped directly on to the card.  The rabbit image was stamped once more on to Stampin' Up! Shimmery White card as I find this really good to work with when water colouring.  Whilst the ink was drying the cloudy sky and the grassy were created using Stampin' Up! blending brushes and inks.  The image on the Shimmery White card was then coloured in using wax craons and a paint brush with water.  The balloon was cut away from the string and the rabbit was cut out.  I then went around all the edges with a black stamp and write marker, some dimensions were popped onto the back of both images before mounting them on to the card.  A little glitter was then put on whiskers and balllooon.   I do hope that she likes this.  

Yesterday was a day getting familiar with my scan and cut machine.  I refreshed myself on some of the basics once I found out where my wires/cables were.  I think finding those took the longest time possible and can you believe, they were in the place that they always were, I just put things on top of them tut tut.  I went over basic shapes, resizing, cutting out multiples.  I did hit a couple of hiccups but will get advice on those.  Today I hope to refresh myself on stamping, scanning and cutting out.  Just a little each day until it all comes back to me.  I am afraid I havent used this properly for over 3 years.  These were the creations from yesterday.

 


 I am short of men/boys cards and these will be just perfect.

Dont forget it is Tuesday at Tracey's tomorrow.  It will be wonderful to see you if you have time for a cuppa and a catch up.


 

Well I had best get a wriggle on.  I havent yet written out my list for today and I do need to work down a list.  Thank you for having a read.  Tracey x


No comments: