Wednesday

Healing Hugs


Good morning, can you believe that the milkman woke me up at 5.15am and I dont have a milkman.  I heard a voice outside my bedroom window followed by a crash.  I believe the milkman was on his phone walking up my path to the front door.  He must have dropped something and then I heard his electric car/van go down the street.  I havent yet ventured out to see what fell or where it fell, I shall wait for daylight.  Never mind I am now sat with a cuppa in front of the computer.

Some great news.....mum is home.  Father in law in Cyprus has returned home.  Fingers crossed that they both get back to normal health as soon as possible.

I was sat in living room (very rare for me) with feet up and a cuppa watching Bake Off.  Did anyone else see it?  oh I do love that programme.

Here is a get well card that I made for mum.  I used the new Healing Hugs stamp set.  They are advertised as photorealistic stamps and goodness me, I can see why.  The leaves are just one stamp but the rubber has so much detail in it that you can see all the veins of the leaves and the two leaves are even different colours, even though it is just one stamp.  The detail on the flower is amazing also.
I must admit that the ribbon I used is a retired one but it went so well with the card. I think I will be showing you more cards made with this stamp set next week.


The inside of the card just had to have the the same flower and leaves.  I cut a piece of card at 5 1/2"  x 5  1/2" and stuck the leaves and flower overhanging the corner.  Once the glue was dry I just chopped the corner off making the insert 5" x 5"


I was inspired by a card made by Tenele who is a wonderful creator of pretty things but changed mine around.  I loved all the different stamps used on this card and I had forgotten how nice it was to add all that depth.  Usually when I do this it looks a mess and ends up in the bin but I am extremely pleased with this one.

I shall make the most of my early start and try and do a few chores.  Can you believe that I am still catching up from my holiday, I just dont have the energy to do so much each day but there is no rush.  Thank you for having a read and I hope you have a lovely Wednesday. Tracey x

P.S.  The Autumn/Winter Catalogues are due today.  If you would like one, please get in touch and I shall arrange to get one to you as quick as I can.

Product List

No comments: