Wednesday

Midweek Musing

The weather had been wonderful over the Bank Holiday weekend but what a difference it has been the last couple of days.  At least I dont have to water the garden. I did manage to get it all tidy, a bit more dead heading done but the flowers are looking lovely, even in the rain.

It was crafty week last week and I made cards with some wonderful ladies *sending you all a little wave*.    Here is one that we did

 I saw this on the big wide web and I cant find it again but I loved the look of it so thought we would all have a go.

Supplies - all Stampin' Up! of course
Create a Cupcake Stamp set
Marina Mist, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake and Pink Piroutte card
Marina Mist Ribbon
Marina Mist, Crumb Cake and Chocolate Chip Ink
Subtles designer series 12 x 12 pad 
Create a Cupcake Punch
White Gel Pen
Pricking tool and Mat

After a crafty Saturday morning Paul and I took our eldest grandaughter into town.  We went to a few shops and then had a coffee at Patisserie Valerie in the Westfield Centre.  It is a lovely place to go for a treat and here is a photo of the pair. 

 
I am sure that Beth enjoyed herself and I think we may have started a new tradition for the grand children.  Beth managed to purchase a few little things with her birthday money too.

We then nipped in to see Mum who has just had an operation on her shoulder.  She is in a lot of pain but putting on a very brave face.  Sunday was a day of sorting, packing (Paul, not me) and getting a few odd jobs done.    I have managed to get quite a lot of ironing done, stamps for sale sorted out as well as lots of crafty bits given away.  The charity shop has had another couple of bags and the rubbish man will be having some more.  I dont know where I keep finding it all from but, I do feel a lot better and, I am starting to wonder if I am enjoying the sorting, cleaning and putting away rather than sitting down and creating?

It is that work/home balance thing again isnt it.  Its such a fine thing to keep balanced and sometimes we have to do a bit of tuning to make it work.  So I have had a few days off from the blog whilst I catch my breath.  Getting everything ready for crafty week really does take up a lot of time as does putting it all away again, phew.

Thanks for having a read today and I hope that you have managed to stay dry.

No comments: