Monday

May Day Merry Monday 18





Good morning on this May Day Bank Holiday.  Do you remember the maypole dancing?  I do as one year, when I was at the infants school, I was chosen to do this dance and I loved it.  I must remember to ask my mum when and where....

 It is warm in Derby, 13 degrees but very cloudy and gray.  We have already had some showers this morning so I had best get my skates on and start emptying the water butt into the watering can.  The butt is full and I cant empty it fast enough *giggling*  We have lots of plants in the garden that just dont get wet from the rain so I have to go round and water them.

As usual on a Monday, I am sharing a Christmas Card
 

This was made by Denise.  Now I know she didnt make too many this year so I feel very honoured to have received this, thank you, its lovely.

I shall be placing a Stampin' Up! order tomorrow so if you would like anything please, do let me know sometime today.  There are still quite a few things on the retirement list  HERE and dont forget the clearance list HERE for some great offers.

I have an update on my bigshotitus.  I wrote about the pain and discomfort I was in from using the big shot a little bit too much in March.  Well I have been diagnosed with Rhumatoid Arthritis and to be honest, I am devastated.  The doctor has made me an emergency appointment at the hospital and I should be seen in two weeks to get more details, medication sorted and hopefully some respite from the pain.  I know that lots of people have this and continue with a full and busy life but it is just the shock of it.  The doctor wants me to stay off work a couple of weeks until after the hospital visit so I am home pottering the best I can.  Yesterday I got up to just a little discomfort in my left wrist, today I got up to a very painful right knee and swollen/painful fingers on my right hand.  Each day it is another joint that hurts for a few days but I shall not let this get me down, I shall continue the best I can each and every day. I guess things will just take a little longer.

We baked at the weekend (that is the royal we)
 

Christiana loves Victoria sponge cake so I made these mini butterfly cakes for her to try.

 She prefers the mini victoria sponges instead.  Hope to make some chocolate ones as soon as I am able.
I am so pleased that the stamp set Wetlands is staying in the Catalogue for yet another year.  It is such a versatile stamp set and is an all time favourite.  This is one of the cards I have made with it recently.



If you would like to see more cards that I have made with this stamp set, give me a call and pop in for a cuppa sometime this week.  It will be lovely to see you.

Off to see what I can potter with this morning.  Thanks for having a read and please, do have a look at the links to see if there is something you would like to order.  Have a wonderful May Day Bank Holiday x




No comments: