Friday

Stampin' Up! Sail Away

Good morning and it is nearly the weekend.  The weather in Derby is going to be awful today, we have a yellow weather warning for all the rain we are due to get.  Only one place to be in bad weather, the craft room.

I opened up the Come Sail Away Memories and More card pack and wow.  It is wonderful and I couldnt wait to play, if you click on the image, you will get a little more detail.
You get so many items in this pack and I wonder how long it will be before it is all used up.  I also got out some of the Come Sail Away designer series papers
These papers are all fantastic for mens cards and I am sure I will have to grab another pack in the very near future.  Team these up with the stamp set and I had a 10 minute play.

To make this card take an A4 sheet of Night of Navy card and cut it in half length ways
Score on the short side and you have your base card.
Add a piece of Whisper White card (leaving a short border of the Navy) on top of the base card.
Then stick a piece of the Come Sail Away designer series paper to it, (again leaving a small border), there are so many papers to choose from it is hard to decide which one to use but they will all co-ordinate.


Using the Stitched Shaped Dies I cut out a square of Whisper White card.
I inked up the anchor with Night of Navy ink and stamped it in the middle of the stiched square.


I always use the Stampin Pierce Mat to lean on to do my stamping as I find I get a lovely crisp image every single time and for the price, it is well worth it.  If you are still unsure about stamping, I would recommend the Stamperatus but more about that in another post.
I cut another square out of Night of Navy card, the same size as the stamped piece,  and put it at a jaunty angle behind the stamped image.
These were then all stuck together and to finish it off, I picked out a sentiment from the Memories and More pack.

If you would like to come and see all these wonderful items, please get in touch and pop round.  The kettle is always on.  If you would like to order the whole suite (there is lots of it) why not give me a call and I can tell you how or just click on the right hand side and get yourself into the store.  Or better still, join me and Stampin' Up! and get yourself £155 worth of goodies for £99 and get it all delivered to your door for free.  You will also get another £8 voucher to spend next month.  It is a great offer and only available until the end of the month.

We shall be using the stamp set, the dies and the co-ordinating papers to make one of our cards in this months class and there are still a couple of spaces available.

Do let me know if you would like to come along, it really is a lovely evening with lots of laughter.

Thank you for having a read today.  I do hope you have a great day, whatever you are up to and that you stay dry.  Tracey x








Product List

No comments: