Monday

Last Christmas card for 2021

 

Good morning.  All a bit of dither this morning, I didnt realise it was Monday and I have nothing to rush around for.  It really is a bit of a strange way to start the day.  The meme above sums it up perfectly.

Here is the last card I made for 2021.  

 


The card is 8x8 and I loved making it.  I wasnt sure at first but once I created the skyline and left it over night, the following day it looked okay to me.  I think it took me more time to find all the stamps I wanted to use than stamping it all out.  I may have to look into some stamp organisation/storage solutions.

For the last few months (or is it a year or so?) we have been doing lateral flow tests every time we are due to see someone/go out and on Christmas Eve, Pauls test showed positive.  It created a right panic as I thought that neither of us could go out.  We went as far as the PCR center and both had PCR tests.  The results were received yesterday (boxing day) and mine is negative with his being positive.  He is okay, cold like symptoms and rather tired but its very frightening.  We are lucky that he has had both vaccines as well as a booster and is not terribly ill with it.  I am testing each day and am still negative and we are taking every precaution possible whilst living in the same house.  

Our Christmas photo this year, with his mask as a reminder of how we have spent our days, seperately.  

It did mean that I didnt manage to do my walk around with the Christmas cards to neighbours and friends who live by me on Christmas eve... opps.  I am looking forward to having a go at some New Year Cards to pop through the doors instead.

Yesterday was the 3rd anniversary of loosing my eldest daughter and I usually go out for a walk, feed ducks and have some time with my thoughts.  

 


I didnt make it yesterday as I didnt feel that I wanted to do this alone so as soon as we are able, we shall go to our local park and have a wander round.  It is hard to believe that the time has passed by so quickly.  There was a memorial service for her in Larnaca the weekend prior to Christmas and a blessing of the grave yesterday.  This is a Cypriot tradition and one that will continue each year.

So today, once a few chores are done I shall go to the craft room and put things away.  I was so lucky to get so many beautiful gifts and they all need to find their home in the craft room.  

Thank you for having a read today and I do hope you have had a great festive time, whatever you have been doing.    Tracey x

No comments: