Wednesday

Very Lucky

YEAH Katerina and Andis arrived safe and sound. Our trip to the airport was very uneventful, roads were good, no snow. There was an unusual amount of traffic though but we made it. They soon came through the arrivals door and it was hugs and tears all around. Paul decided to bring us home the pretty way, up and down the roads through Congleton, Leak, Ashbourne and into Derby....very nice. We did have to make a stop in Leak for a nature break. It was home to a roast dinner and and evening of catching up. At half past 8 there were two teenages fast asleep on the settee so it was a peaceful night. I managed to do some Christmas wrapping but there is still lots to do.
Woke up this morning to SNOW, we were so lucky to have made it to the airport and back without the white stuff yesterday, phew. Now this snow can stay for a couple of days and then it has to go again cause we have to go back to the airport next week.
Here is a card that was made by Sandra, a friend, neighbour and fellow crafter, a couple of months ago when we spent a night of crafting, getting ready for the papermax show. It has been made using the gifted stamp set....isnt it lovely. I shall be using this for my cards next year.

Last year I was given a beautiful orchid for Christmas. Once the flowers died I was going to "throw it away" as I thought that it wouldnt do anything else. Lesley told me not to, she gave me strict instructions on watering it, giving it daylight and said that it would flower again. mmmm okay, so patiently this last year I have been doing what I was told. Orchid lost a leaf or two but thats all, it hadnt done anything else except look like a twig in my kitchen window until recently. It has now grown another stem (is that the correct word) and da da

These have now appeared. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the flowers will open this week.
What an actioned packed day we have today starting with food shopping, (this will be done whilst the teenages are still in bed of course), a visit to a model shop (Andis is into racing model cars in a big way) then its Westfield. Home for half 3 as we have Robert (son) coming round with his other half and the 4 grandchildren for tea. Sometime in the evening I get to have an hours sanity with a friend who is coming to visit.
I hope you have a great day, whatever you are up to and be careful if you have to go out. Thanks for having a read
Tracey

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Morning Tracey, I don't know about where you are but the snow is still coming down here!
I am so pleased for you that Katerina and Andis arrived safely :o)
Jackie xx

Lesley said...

★Merry★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★Christmas★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門| ˚

Glad they all arrived safely and you are having fun. Sanity what is that? have a great Christmas

Lesley x