Monday

Another start to another week

Good morning and here we are, the start of another new week.  The weather isnt quite so nice this morning as it was last week as it is very overcast and gray in Derby.  We have had a few drizzles and it isnt the warmest start of the day.

We had a wonderful weekend.  Lots of visits to and from family and, as Paul was around, we did so much in the garden (the royal we that is).  The garden is changing all the time and the plants we purchased a year ago for the newly finished front garden are starting to get buds on them, which is great.  

A few cards made it into the finished box last week, thanks to a little help.  Here is one of them which I may need as there are quite a few birthdays coming up later this month.


A stamp from my stash coloured in when my hands weren't so bad.  The sentiment is a Stampin' Up! one.

We seem to be getting an awful lot of cars parking all around our house over the last few weeks.  They park half on the pavement and half on the road.  I have been told that as the cars are taxed and insured it is not an issue for the local council.  Even though the cars are blocking access to pushchairs and mobility scooters, the police say that there is not a lot they can do as the cars are moved after a few hours.  It got so bad last week that the cars that parked opposite our drive on Lilley Street caused a problem for Paul reversing his car out and then putting it back on the drive again later that day.  We have also discovered that the pub up the road has stopped local businesses parking in their car park, meaning that these people have to find somewhere else to park.  So I have started to put a nice little note on the windscreen of the cars blocking our access in the hopes that they are a bit more considerate when parking. 

It is a potter for me today as aches and pains seem to be setting in.   I will also catch up with all emails and messages as soon as I can. I also hope to be spending an hour or two in the craft room as well as more crafting items are to be making their way onto the dresser, looking for new homes. I will let you know how I get on tomorrow.

Well thanks for having a read and I hope you have a lovely day.  Tracey x

No comments: