Monday

Happy Birthday Charleigh

Good morning.  It was a lot cooler yesterday, thankfully. The garden has enough water on it for a few days and the forecase for today is supposed to be a nice day.  Fingers crossed.

I have a week without crafting events this week so its a great chance for me to sort out the craft room cupboards again, as much as I can.  There are lots of little bits and pieces that I need to finish off so I shall get them all out and on Wednesday, I shall try and get them done.  My Wednesdays are now going to be finish off days.  Well that is the plan.

All my SU retired stamp sets, dies and bundles, which have already been reduced are on the sales dresser.  You can grab yourself a double bargain if you would like to come and have a rummage.


If you would like to pop in to see what it for sale, please do get in touch so that I can let you know when I am in the craft room.

It is my neices daughters birthday today and here is the card that was made.  I cant believe that she is going to be 5.  She is such a lovely little girl and always has a smile on her face, when I see her she does.

  • To make this card I cut down a sheet of A4 Thick Whisper White card to 5 1/2" x 11".  
  • This was scored on the long side at 5 1/2" to create a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 square card.
  • I stamped the image with Stazon ink firstly on the card base, as central as I could.  I stamped it again on to Shimmery White card and then I left it all for an hour to dry.
  • Using a paint brush and water colour pencils I coloured the image in on the Shimmery White Card and then cut it out.  I didnt cut out the difficult tail, nor the hat topper nor the flame of the candle.  Just the main image.  
  • I coloured in the tail, hat topper, candle flame and flower on the card base again using the watercolour pencils and paint brush.
  • I edged the cut out image with the Black Stampin Write marker pen as it colours in any little bits that may not have been cut out too well.
  • Using 3D fdimensionals in the middle of the cut out image, I stuck it onto the card base.  I then added glue to the hot, cake, ears and feet to make sure that they were stuck down properly and it gives it all a raised middle.
  • I typed out on the computer the sentiment and cut it out using the stitched retangle dies which I must say, are used on a daily basis now.  This sentiment was put on 3D dimensionals.
If you would like to make a similar card I would be very happy to show you how.


There are only a couple of days left to grab yourself a £4.50 voucher for next month.  Everytime you spend £45 over the next couple of days, you will get a voucher to spend next month.  If you would like to know more please let me know.
Thank you for having a read and I hope you have a fantastic Monday.  Tracey x  
Product List

No comments: