Saturday

The close of a chapter

Good morning.  It has been a tough few days but I am pleased to say we have manged to get out a bit too.

We said farewell to one if my sister in laws that lives in Belgium, whi flew out on Thursday. That was hard as I gave her a few keepsakes of Christianas.  Very tough for me to let go of things.  Then we went and saw a friend of mine from more than 33 years ago which was lovely.  I do see her most times that we visit but again it was hard as she knew me when I was pregnant with Christiana and was a part of our lives ever since so we had lots of memories to share.  Fortunately Irini crafts a lot with a group of ladies so I was able to pass on all of Christianas crafting items......again very sad. Having a coffee a day or so ago, I was quite down as usual until I went to put sugar in my drink




Yesterday we went to Nicosia to see Christianas god parents. We spent a few hours drinking coffee, eating cake and chatting.  We went to the mall so we could have been in westfield centre in Derby.....not a lot of difference except for the amount of toddlers.

Today we are closing the apartment.  Lots of the girls friends are coming over this afternoon with pick ups, cars and manpower......another sad day.

On a happy note, Paul found Larry the Lizard in the store room.  We think he may have been a toddler when he climbed in through the slats in the door but now he is too big to go out the way he came in so we have left the door open for him.

Unfortunately the neighbours keep closing it, so we have to go and open it again.

Well I had best go and start gathering all the little bits we have left around the place and pack the clothes again.  Thanks for having a read, wishing you a lovely Saturday.

No comments: