Tuesday

Prized Peony and a new mini catalogue to look through

Good morning and what a lovely morning the forecast says we will have.   It says we may have some showers in the area but I can cope with that.

Today Stampin' Up! release their Autumn-Winter Catalogue so lots of Christmassy, Halloween and Winter ideas to share.  You can find the catalogue on the right hand side of my blog post and I shall pop another copy at the end of this page too, just in case you are on a mobile phone,  reading the blog and want to have a look.  If you havent got an actual copy of the brochure, I will happily get one to you.


If you were lucky enough to get one or more Bonus Day coupons, dont forget to redeem them during the month of August.  Every little bit helps.  If you need a little more information about this, please do let me know.

Here are some of my Thank You cards that I will be giving out this month.





I have made these using the Prized Peony stamp set but I couldnt make up my mind which colour I wanted to back them on to, so I had a few tries and in my opinion, I like the blue best of all. 

I thought I would share how to create these cards
  • Stamp the  Prized Peony large stamp on to some Whisper White card with versamark ink.  Covered this in white embossing powder, heat it up and then die cut it out using the Peony dies.
  • Stamp your inkpad onto a corner of an acrylic block and used that as paint pallet, picking up the paint with either an aqua markers or paint brush. Slowly paint in the flower and the leaves.
  • Die cut some of the leaves from the Forever Fern set on to some small scrap pieces of Whisper White card (I dont throw anything away).  Stamped a green inkpad onto the corner of an acrylic block and picked up the ink to colour in the stems and leaves with either a aquapainter or paint brush.
  • Some pieces of vellum were used to die cut out some other leaves from the same set of dies.
  • Make up a bow using the linen thread.
  • Once happy with the painting of the flower,  put tape runner onto the back of it and add some of the leaves that have been cut out.
  • Make a card base by cutting an A4 sheet of thick Whisper White  in half  and scoring it in the middle.  Adhere a coloured piece of card onto the card base.  I held the flower and leaves over the card and marked with a pencil where I wanted to stamp.  I then stamped the patterned stamp on to the card using the same coloured ink as the card. 
  • Add dimensionals to the back of the flower, cover these in wet glue and stick them on to the card base.  This will give you a chance to add some more leaves if required.
  • I stamped out a sentiment from the Itty Bitty stamps using versamark and added white embossing powder.  I heated these up and then punched them out using the modern lable punch. I used gray card for this.
  • Stick the linen thread bow onto the stem of the flower with a mini glue dot.
  • Add the sentiment, again with a dimensional and then stick 3 of the gems in an elongated triangle around the card.
I thoroughly enjoyed making these and hope to make something similar again soon.  If you would like a little more information on how to do these I will happily help. 

Thanks for having a read today and just to let you know, if you are in the Derby area and would like to visit, please do get in touch to arrange to pop round, when the weather is nice.  We can sit in the garden to chat and you are more than welcome to see what is on the sales dresser (lots of nice things) and even purchase a card or two. 




New Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue, please click on the brochure image below to see a video








Product List

No comments: