Saturday

Berries

Oh wow, its still so very very hot each day and today, on my day off, its due to be hot hot hot again.  I will certainly get all my washing dry but, no iron.  Can you believe that it broke?  I got it last October and love it.  What a dream it has been but, it looks like the electrical cut off didnt cut off meaning, it went bang.  And poooooeeee what a smell, yaks.  I rang Aldi up, explained we had just moved, cant find reciept and they said, no receipt, no can do.  I MUST take proof of payment to them before they can do anything.   I do have another iron on its way next Tuesday so until then, its back to the normal iron.

Work is well on its way in the craft room.  Timber is being delivered today and Paul is going to build my studded wall, how exciting.  So I shall be on tea, sarnie, biccy duty all day, on top of doing all the other little bits but it will be so worth it.

We have started to get quotes to cut down trees.  We have a really big one in the front and it must go.  The two at the side are staying but the one at the back will be cut down by a third and then we can decided what we want to do with it.

The front is nearly all tided up now, just got to get the jet wash on it, I love doing that.  Maybe I could do that today.  My little dry garden is coming along, the fences around that need painting and maybe, just maybe I could do that today too.

I de weeded all the little pebbled area around the drive by the garage, that took me two afternoons.  I was thinking about planting some flowers in there but, to be honest, I think I will just add some nice new pebbles and leave it.  I dont want to make more work for myself do I.


 I cut all the overhanging ivy, leaves etc. from the garage area and look what I found, lots and lots of berries,  I didnt have the heart to cut those off so I will leave them for a while.

I havent made a card as yet this week but just look at this one I received from Jacqui, isnt it stunning with lots of SU goodies.  Thank you


 Paul's new lawn mower arrived but you had to build it up!!  He spent a good hour or so on it.
 Then it was WIZZZZZZ off he went.  It is a self propelled one so not too much huffing and puffing to cut all the grass we have.  I had a go of course and it more or less ran away with me, such a funny sight.


I have had a lovely delivery of SU goodies and wow, some fantastic little bits and bobs that I shall share with you over the weekend.  Fingers crossed, I will just down tools this afternoon and make a card or two.  Thanks for having a read, have a great day

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Good morning Tracey, but it will be better when it cools down LOL. How do you manage to do gardening in this weather? It seems such a shame to have to cut trees down, so many are disappearing nowadays! Lovely photographs :o)
Jackie

Lesley said...

looks like you'll be making blackberry & apple crumble for Paul - best wishes Lesley x