Monday

Monday morning and November already


Good morning from an extremely foggy Derby.  The forecast today is for the temperature to get up to about 14 degrees but we shall have dense fog until about 10am so if you are out and about today, please do take care.  We travelled home in wonderful sunshine yesterday from Peterborough for about an hour and then suddenly, the fog just hit us.  It was so thick in some places so George and I shared spooky stories, perfect weather for it.

I spent a wonderful weekend of crafting with some lovely ladies.  There were 8 of us and we spent the whole time crafting and eating and do you know, the time just whizzes by.  Unfortunately I didnt have a brilliant internet connection at all so I couldnt share what was happening but I shall try and catch up over the week.

Last week was Crafty week and here is one of the cards we made.

It is called a 'swing card' apparently and it was lovely to make.  Everyone that came along to crafty week had a great time and as from tomorrow, I shall be getting ready for my next group of get togethers.  The evenings always start with a cuppa and a catch up and everyone gets to meet some new faces.  We then craft for about an hour making our little boxes and a card before stopping for home made cake, another cuppa and a raffle.  We recommence the crafting for another hour/ hour and half ish.  Lots of time at the end to flick through the catalogues, see what is available to purchase on the dressers or sit over another drink before saying goodbye until next time.  If you would like to join us for an evening,  please get in touch as it would be lovely to see you, whether you are a beginner or a well seasoned crafter, the more the merrier.

I am up with the larks today as have so many bits and pieces to put away and sort out and, I am excited.  As Paul was left home alone, there is quite a bit of cleaning up to do too so I am off work and hope to catch up with the chores.

When I got in last night, Paul had 4 large boxes of bits and pieces ready to sort through and at the end of a couple of hours, those 4 boxes were empty.  Lots more to hang up in the craft room (where?), photos were put on walls, quite a bit was put in the black bin but the conservatory will be looking very empty by this evening, whoop whoop. The shelves in the everything room are getting full and I have 20 CDs to go through, all containing crafting hints and tips.

I hope to send out a newsletter today and if you would like a copy, via email, let me know.  Thanks for having a read and I hope you have a wonderful day, whatever you are up to.  Tracey x

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Yes it was such a fabulous weekend - the fog was pretty bad today but driving in it wasn't too bad - Lesley x