Thursday

Bonus Days and Wetlands

No work again today.  Hand is still very painful, very big and causing me lots of uncomfortable problems but I am sure it will pass.  If anyone sees me today they will get such a fright with my hair, *giggles*.  Thank goodness for technology where I dont have to type this blog in today.


I know we are nearly half way through the month but, should you place an order for £45, you will get £4.50 bonus coupon to spend in August.  If there are a couple of you lovely ladies that wish to share this, I am happy to oblige.



The results will come out tonight for Katerina's bar exams.  This is where she took 10 exams in a two week period.  If she passes 7 of them, she can retake the remaining 3 in October, or passes 8, she retakes the remaining two.  However, if she passes less than 7, she has to resit the 10 again, which is what she has just done.  Can everyone keep there fingers crossed for me.

We have a Stamperettes Pen Club.  This is where each lady is a member and pays £20 a month for 6 months.  During this 6 months everyone gets all the 48 Stampin' Up! pens, the carry case, all the catalogues that come out as well as 3 get togethers where we use the pens to make cards/notelets. In addition, each one of the ladies is a hostess during the 6 months and gets to spend a minimum of £15 on items of her choice.

We have recently had our first get together and here is one of the four notelets we made.
 
We did this by first of all, lining up the notelet (made from the shimmery card) on SU grid paper (such a handy thing to have and at just £10, well worth it)

 Once lined up, we put post it notes all around the front of the card so as to create a frame
 On a pallett, or tile (I use wilko's plastic plates) scribble on Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Crumb Cake and Daffodil delight (or any other similar colours)
 Open up your notelet, add a little water to your pallett and go across the frame of your notelett starting with the soft sky, then marina mist, crumb cake and finally the daffodil delight.
 You must let this dry for a few minutes before stamping on the group of birds from the Wetlands Stamp set (another must have as so useful).  I used Early Espresso ink for this card

 I added a sentiment and voila, another little thank you card
 If you go back and look at the two cards together higher up, you will see that the one on the left has rather smudgy birds, this is because I didnt let the card dry before I stamped on it.

I hope to share the other noteletts we made later in the week.  If you would like to join the next Pen Club which is due to start at the end of August, please do let me know.  These needs to be a minimum of 6 ladies to do this and at the moment there are 2.  

Thanks for having a read today and I hope you have a lovely Thursday.




No comments: