Thursday

Springtime flowers on a card

Good morning.  I have got up with a little bit of a panic today as I have realised that it is the end of the month.  It is also the day that I put in the Stamperette Order so I have a little running around to do this morning, silly me.  I just didnt realise it, never mind, it isnt the end of the world.

Yesterday was another smashing day, I spent most of it in the craft room.  I had lots of cards that were half finished and I managed to get 14 of them complete.  I also had a play with the First Frost Stamps which really are superb



I wanted a spring like card and I think by using Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie and So Saffron inks I achieved that.  To make this card, which is a 5 x 5 (I have envelopes for this size)

Take a piece of A4 Thick Whisper White card and cut it down to 10" x 5"
Score the card at 5" and fold over to make your base card.
Take a piece of Whisper White card and cut to 4 3/4" x 4 3/4" and run it through your machine with the Subtle embossing folder, it gives it a lovely effect.
Using the large foliage stamp from First Frost stamp it out to the left had side in Old Olive on to the embossed piece of card.
Stamp out 3 small flowers, one in each of the colours Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie and So Saffron and either cut these out leaving a white border or pop them into your machine with the dies and cut them out.
Stamp out 3 larger flowers and repeat as above.
Punch out in Whisper White card 2 of the sprig like babys breath dies.
Again in Old Olive I stamped out the Happy Birthday Sentiment from Beautiful Bouquet stamp set  on to Whisper White card and cut out the two frames from First Frost with my Big Shot.
Placed the flowers where you wish around the Old Olive Foliage.
The sentiment I added last and raised it on very thin dimensionals.  I think it stands out a little more in real life as it is set against the embossed card.

If you live local and would like to see this in real life and have a go yourself, please get in touch and we can arrange this.
We had such lovely weather here in Derby again yesterday and I cant believe that we have crocuses, daffodils and snow drops all flowering at the same time.  I do hope they last if the frost comes back.  We managed to get the little garden outside The Craft Room tidied up and sorted out a few little areas on the front.  Still more in the front garden to do and hopefully a little bit will be achieved this afternoon.

SALE A BRATION is still on going, this is where you spend £45 and get an amazing product FREE OF CHARGE.  If you would like to find out more about this please do get in touch.  I will be in the craft room most of today and it would be lovely to see you in you have time.

My next order will be going in today, if you would like anything at all I would be very happy to order this for you. Again, if you would like to see products, try before you buy etc. etc. why not pop into The Craft Room.  If you need directions I will happily send these to you.

Have you ever thought about joining Stampin' Up! and being able to order their products at a reduced price?  If you have and would like a little more information I really would like to tell you about the fantastic offer that is currently availalbe.  If you pay £99 for your initial kit (all of which you choose yourself), you can actually get £170 worth of products.  It is such wonderful value that it is well worth having a conversation about.

I must go and get breakfast organised but if you would like a crafty chat give me a call on 01332 721877 or send me an email, tracey.rossos2@hotmail.com.  You are most welcome to pop in if you are local to Derby to have a cuppa and a conversation or look at Stampin' Up! products and see some samples.

Thank you for having a read and I hope you have a great Thursday.  Tracey x




Product List

No comments: