Wednesday

Card making challenge day number 28 - Art Gallery Bundle

Good morning,  no snow out there this morning but it has been forecast for later today in Derby.  The temperature is below freezing so I shall stay wrapped up warm in the house.  I am rather sad that I havent been for a walk for a couple of days but I will get back into it again soon.  I am so afraid of slipping when I go out in the frosty and icy conditions.


Stampin' Up! are launching their new January - June catalogue as well as a Sale a-Bration brochure in just 6 days time.  It is a very exciting time for us demonstrators as we have already seen all the wonderful things inside and we cant wait to share them with you.  If you are local to me in Derby and would like a brochure, you are most welcome to call in to get one if you are out and about or I am very happy to get one posted out to you today (well hubby will go to the post office).

Today is my card challenge day number 28 and I have used some new products, from the January-June catalogue.

  • I started off with a Thick Whisper White card base (an A4 sheet cut in half, vertically). 
  • I took a quarter of a piece of A4 and ran it through an embossing folder called Painted Texture and this is a 3D embossing folder so the details really stand out.  Of course if you want a little more muted texture, the Subtle embossing folder works just great.
  • I picked my colour (shown are Burmuda Bay, Highland Heather and Rococo Rose).  And I coloured in my pearls with the same coloured blending pen.  You need to colour your pearls in early so that that they are dry by the time you put them on your card.
  • I stuck the coloured card to the base card and then the textured card to the coloured card leaving a border allthe way around.
  • I inked up the flower from Art Gallary stamp set using the same coloured ink as the card and I went over the leaves of the flower with Old Olive Stamp n Write marker and dabbed the ends with a Garden Green Stamp n Write market to give it a two tone effect. 
  • Of course you have to 'huff' on the stamp before putting it on to Whisper White card.
  • I ran this through the die cutting machine with the co-ordinating die (yes you can purchase this as a bundle and save yourself 10%). 
  • Some linen thread was added and all I can say is that it is a little fiddly so make sure you use a longer length of thread and trim it down when you have got a nice bow.
  • The Sentiment is from the same Art Gallary stamp set and I put that on to some banners from the Tasteful Labels die set, which you can purchase now.  I must admist that any spare bits of white card I get, I run through and make lots of these labels so they are always at hand.
  • Both the flower and the sentiment have been stuck to the card using 3D foam pads/dimensionals.
  • The 3 pearls were added, in an elongated *smiling at Sally*) triangle.

If you would like to see how this card was made please get in touch as I shall be having a facebook live on Saturday, 9th January at my catalogue launch party and I would love to send you details on how to join us. All the products that I have used which are available to purchase now, are listed below.  As from 5th January you can purchase the new items.

Thank you for having a read today.  I hope you have a great day Tracey x


Product List

No comments: