Sunday

Day 5 - More Gorgeous Posies

 


 

Good morning and what a wet start to the day.  It is also extremely cold brrrr but as we hope to get 'THE' tree up today, it doesnt matter what happens outside.

We got the Christmas lights up yesterday which look lovely.

My daughter asked for these two years ago and Paul, bless him, put them up in the wind, rain and cold for her.  They shone through her bedroom window every night that she was with us and she loved them.  It was very difficult decision to know whether to put them up this year or not but we have,  and now we have some happy memories of her and them, although its still a very hard and sad time for us.

I had a Zoom get together yesterday with some simple stamping and here is one of the cards that was made, along with the samples




I cant put down the Gorgeous Posies stamp set.  It is lovely to use in between all the Christmas projects that I have been doing.

I get quite a few sheets of Whisper White card (a whole pack normally) and cut the A4 sheets up, into 4 pieces.  This way I always have card at hand to stamp on or to use as an insert.

So taking one of these cut up cards, using Mango Melody ink I stamped 3 partial flowers, second generation, on the edge of the card.  When you do stamp over an edge you have to either clean the stamp each time as you will get a definate line, residue on the stamp itself.  Or you have to ink it up each time to get rid of that line.  I then inked up the leaf using Pear Pizzaz ink and just stamped out the tips of the leaves.  I used the dotty (or splodge) stamp to make the centers of the flowers in Manago Melody ink, first generation stamping.  

The sentiments, using either Pear Pizzaz or Mango Melody inks and borders are from the So Sentimental set of stamps and co-ordinating dies.  One the last card, I ran it through the embossing folder Subtles to give it a little texture and I really love that effect, I must do it more often.

I wanted to show how using the same stamped image can look very different depending on what you back your card with so I did one backed directly onto a Whisper White card base, one with a Mango Melody card base and one with a Pear Pizzaz matt.   Do you have a favourite?

If you would like to purchase any of these items, I have listed them below.  Happy to help with your order if you need a little help.  Just get in touch.

Well I will go and start my day, hopefully I will have a decorated tree to share with you tomorrow.  Thank you for having a read, Tracey x

Product List

No comments: