Wednesday

Challenge Card Day 8 and Snow Front Robins

 


Good morning, up at silly o clock but as I have an exciting day, I dont mind.  I can always grab a nanny nap later on.

I am continuing with making Birthday cards today for special people over the next couple of weeks.  We have quite a few birthdays at this time of year and its always nice to have a change from Christmas cards.

Speaking of which, I made a card with a couple of robins on a tree.  No glitter, nice and simple but so effective.


I love making cards like this.  Of course I made quite a few with glitter on too but not everyone likes the sparkly stuff (so hard to believe).

 To make the card, 

  • I cut down a sheet of A4 Whisper White cardstock into 4. 
  • Using one of the quarters, I inked up the tree in Early Espresso ink and stamp it on to the Whisper White card about two thirds of the way down.
  • I inked up the mountain range in Seaside Spray ink and stamped aross the top of the card, using 2nd and third generation impressions and making sure I didnt have the tops of the mountains in straight lines.  I stamped over the tree.
  • I stamped the 'Z line' stamp as I call it, in Smokey Slate ink, second and third generation impressions, under the tree.
  • I then inked up the robins with crumb cake ink.  Taking the Stampin' Up! shammy I rubbed a bit of the ink off around where the red breast should be.  You can use a dauber inked with Read Red ink to add the ink or a Real Red Stamp n Write marker or a paint brush taking ink from the ink pad lid,  prior to stamping it on to a tree branch.  If it doesnt work perfectly, take ink from the ink pad lid with a paint brush and just gentle dab the Read Red ink onto the card, once your have stamped the robin.
  • Make a card base out of Seaside Spray card.
  • Taking one of the other Whisper White quarters you have cut down, trim to size to fit on to your card base and adhere together.
  • Trim down your Snow Front stamped piece of Whisper White card to fit onto your card base and Matt.
  • Make a sentiment of your choice.  The one I used is from a retired set.

I would be very happy to show you how to do this, over Zoom if you need a little more information.  Just let me know.

 


Stampin' Up! have lots of wonderful crafting products on special offer for the next few weeks.  If you click on the image below, it will take you straight to the Stampin' Up! store.  Just head for Sales and Specials followed by either Clearance or Giant Year End Closeout to see what is there.  If you need help with this please do get in touch with me as I am always happy to help.

Thank you for having a read today and I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday, no matter what you are up to.  Tracey x


Product List

No comments: